CCAI Case Study 1 - Neon AI for Emergency Medical Services
Customized Systems for Situational Awareness for Emergency Medical Services
In an era characterized by dynamic and complex challenges, the integration of cutting-edge technology has become imperative for enhancing operational efficiency and responsiveness in critical sectors such as law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), and healthcare. Customized Systems for Situational Awareness and Control Centers represent a revolutionary paradigm shift, leveraging the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to empower police, EMS, and healthcare professionals with unprecedented capabilities.
These systems not only streamline information management but also provide real-time insights, enabling swift decision-making and improved coordination during high-pressure situations, in collaboration with conversational AIs. The evolving landscape of public safety and healthcare, in a fusion with AI and customized systems, will redefine the way essential services operate, and provide a safer, more responsive future for communities worldwide.
A specific scenario wherein collaborative conversational AIs manage a situational aware solution for the state police, using https://www.flir.com/discover/professional-tools/what-is-msx/ as part of the solution. Includes deploy and operate functions for various AIs using collaborative conversation. Includes 5 teams of AIs that include a project management AI and a resource AI. Specific collaborative conversational discussion includes chatbot forum resources, with a disagreement and resolution without a human being involved. Demonstrates an AI led fail-safe in the scenario.
ChatGPT Scenario Title: Eclipse Blackout
Situation Overview: A city experiences a sudden, large-scale blackout during a major festival. The power outage affects street lighting, traffic signals, and communication networks, posing risks of accidents, public disorder, and potential criminal activities. The state police coordinate with AI teams to manage the crisis and ensure public safety.
AI and Human Team Configurations:
• Team Alpha: Urban Surveillance and Security
• Team Beta: Traffic and Transit Management
• Team Gamma: Public Communication and Assistance
• Team Delta: Power Grid Assessment and Restoration
• Team Echo: Emergency Response Coordination
Each team is comprised of 6-8 specialized AIs, including a Project Management AI (PM-AI) and a Resource Allocation AI (Res-AI).
AI Deployment and Operation Functions
1. Deployment Phase:
• PM-AIs oversee strategic deployment and coordination among AI teams.
• Res-AIs manage resource allocation, focusing on deploying MSX- equipped drones for real-time monitoring and assessment.
2. Operational Phase:
• Teams use a chatbot forum for real-time AI-to-AI communication enabling quick decision-making and resource sharing.
• MSX technology is utilized to monitor key areas in the dark, assess infrastructure integrity, and assist in restoring essential services.
Collaborative AI Discussion, with Disagreement, Resolution and AI Fail-Safe Mechanism
• Team Beta PM-AI: "Urgent requirement for additional MSX drones to manage traffic at key intersections to prevent accidents."
• Team Alpha PM-AI: "Priority request for MSX drones in downtown areas to monitor potential criminal activities in the blackout."
• Team Gamma Res-AI: "Propose a dynamic allocation model. Drones can be rotated between traffic management and urban surveillance at set intervals."
• Team Echo PM-AI: "Agree with Gamma's proposal. Implementing a time-based rotation will cover both priorities effectively."
• AI Monitoring System: "Alert: Sudden drop in drone operational efficiency detected. Possible system overload due to dynamic allocation model."
• Team Delta PM-AI: "Activating AI fail-safe protocol. Temporarily reverting to pre-set mission parameters for drones to prevent system failure."
• Team Echo Res-AI: "Redistributing remaining drones to cover critical locations until the issue is resolved. Prioritizing traffic intersections and major public areas."
Outcome: The AI-driven resolution initially appears effective, but an unexpected system overload triggers a pre-programmed fail-safe protocol. This quick response prevents a total system failure, allowing drones to operate on essential tasks while the issue is addressed. The AIs demonstrate the ability to not only collaborate and resolve conflicts but also to recognize and respond to operational anomalies autonomously, ensuring continued functionality in crisis scenarios.