Hey Neon - Make me laugh - Mark II Voice Assistant update April 2023
Update Your Mycroft Mark II to the New Neon AI Operating System!
The April 2023 release of Neon AI Voice Operating System dramatically enhances skills and performance for Neon AI users.
Ask your Mycroft Mark II device: "Hey Neon, check for updates".
Neon AI is the most advanced Open Source conversational personal assistant.
The Neon AI private voice assistant’s latest skills now include:
- Home Assistant Skills: “Hey Neon, Turn off the kitchen light” - Control Lights, switches, media players. View cameras, sensors, vacuum status and more: Ecobee, ESPHome, Google Cast, HomeKit, IKEA, Leviton Z-Wave, Lutron Caséta, MQQT, Philips Hue, Plex Media Server, Shelly, SmartThings, Sonos, Z-Wave, Zigbee.
- Jokes Skill: “Hey Neon, Tell me a joke“ - A full library of jokes :-)
- Improved skill vocabularies and content for many skills: Alerts, Audio Volume, Restart, Shutdown, Stocks, Update and Weather Skills
- Improved performance and fixes: The April release provides faster responses and clearer speech.
- Create back-up Neon AI boot drives to USB or SSD media using your Mark II. "Hey Neon, Make Bootable Media"
- Serious Storage! Mark II’s have their best performance with an add-on SSD memory. A 240GB SSD USB3 memory drive is only $39. Visit the Neon Square.com shop.
- Improved skill vocabularies and content: Stocks, Audio Volume, Jokes, Alerts, Weather, Shutdown, Restart, Updates Skills
- “Hey Neon, play jazz”
- "Hey Neon, tell me a joke about programming”
- "Hey Neon, Create a support ticket" to generate and email a log of recent activity.
- If you need to, you can say: “Hey Neon, Restart"
- When you want to power down and unplug, say: "Hey Neon, Shutdown”
- To get advances before they are public, say: “Hey Neon, Enable pre-release updates”.
- To get the latest release, say: “Hey Neon, Run updates”
- Quick Reference & Quick Start guides.
- GitHub documentation at: https://neongeckocom.github.io/neon-docs/
- Advanced Neon developer updates are posted on our GitHub Discussions page
Please visit our Matrix community to continue the conversation and read more about the Neon OS.
Wishing you success with your private personal digital assistant,
Neon AI Projects
If you would like to unsubscribe you may do so by replying to this email, but we'd much rather have your feedback on how to make this a newsletter you look forward to receiving.
Voice Assistant Skills
Set a 5 minute timer
Tell me the caffeine content of Pepsi One
Date and Time 📅⏰
What’s the date
Show me the demo
Do you know any Chuck Norris jokes
Repeat 'Good morning, Mike'
How do you spell aardvark
What's the stock / share price for Microsoft
Translate hello to Polish
What's the forecast for tonight
Check Wikipedia for cats
WolframAlpha🚀 Computation and Information
How far away is the moon
My email address is…
Change my primary language to Ukrainian
Where am I
Personal Information 👤
My name is…
Change my time format to twenty-four hour time
Change my units to metric
Change my wakeword to Mycroft
Neon System Commands
How are you
Data Controls 🗑
Clear my user transcriptions
Device Control Center 🔧
Tell me your IP address
Speed Test 💨
How fast is my internet
Create a support ticket
Check for updates
Enable pre-releases updates
Community Testers wanted: Visit the new Matrix chat room for testing requests. Developers working on advanced skills for the Neon OS will benefit from your testing and commenting on new features before release. To run advanced versions you can say: “Hey Neon, Enable pre-release updates”.
Community Developers wanted: Bounties available for skills, applications and documentation development. The Neon AI team is available to assist community developers.
Contact email@example.com with your ideas and suggestions.